Monday, July 18, 2005

Top Five Google Spots For PointenSlutten Posted!

Well this should be interesting...

Since Google seems to have decided that the ranks of its PointenSlutten keyword results are fine as is, I've decided to update the page at iSN that relates to the subject, as well as adding a top-5 list from the Google results page.

Yes, that's right, I am linking to my contest competitors.

Some people think that if I link to the higher pages on Google I'll just be shooting myself in the foot.

I believe right now the other school of thought will prevail: that if I have sufficient relevant links to other sites (relevant being of course all about pointentslutten) then my page will rank higher, possibly even at #1.

We'll see. The SE doesn't link to this blog directly yet (link dumps and a weird re-direct from another link-dump which has actually ranked higher have been though), so I don't know what to make of it...

I figure the stasis will be broken, the order be shaken, if I link to the top 5 sites on Google for this keyword. Hope I'm right - but with Google even the experts are guessing.

I think that theory might only work with pages that Google gives a high pr (page rank) to, but maybe since they ALL have NO page rank it might give them all the same significance since my iSN Page is "about" all that and none of them are interlinking.

Competition is good, but cooperation can be better.

Besides, since mine has a page rank of 3, and is collecting the most relevant page results - it might be crowned #1 anyway... and all within nine or ten days.

This teaches us all a few things about indexation and Google's ability to see sites. If it's not obvious, I believe I will go into it a little deeper after this PointenSlutten thing has run its course.

Less than two days to go now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home